Plan B hosts LGBTQ+ centric clothing swaps monthly in Kitchener, ON.
Each of our swaps is a unique experience, with fresh donations, new faces, and great finds! We post about our closed and open hours on each specific facebook event page.
Some General Answers to Some General Questions:
The clothing swaps provide a place for people to unload their unwanted or no longer loved clothing and get new clothing in a cost-free environment. We use the swaps Pay What You Can donation jar to help fund our QT2SI+ Garment Drive which provides binders and gaffs to under waged folks.
Essentially there are two processes:
If donating underwear, bras, socks, or other intimate apparel
- Contact email@example.com to arrange drop off/pick up
- We wash the clothing with unscented allergen free detergent
- The clothing is added to the swap
If donating other clothes
- Bring your clothes to the swap location the day of
- We sort your donation and after the swap donate the leftovers to different groups in KW that accept clothing donations.
- If you are unable to drop off your general clothing items the day of contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate something alternative.
Things we love:
- Seasonally relevant clothing
- Plus size clothing
- Plus size clothing in fair condition is hard to come by in thrift shops or donation bins. We are always looking for plus size clothing of any style.
- Athletic wear
- Business casual/job interview wear
Things we don’t love:
- Graphic tees with oppressive/appropriative language/humour
- Clothes with rips, stains, or otherwise worn through
At the end of the day, we accept anything you decide to bring us. We then sort the donations and figure out where they’ll be put to most use, either in the swap or through direct donation. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com .