Our pals over at Hep Cats Hoppers put on this amazing queer-centered slow dance called Rainbow Fabulous Glitter Ball! We’re collaborating to put on this slow dance with a mash up of upbeat tempo. We’re talking 80’s, 90’s and beyond crossed with high school queerdo slow dancing.
Friday October 23, 2015
Doors open at 9pm
Cover is $11 or pay what you can
DJ Brendan @brendan_a
Hep Cat Hopper’s Dance Studio: 42 Erb St., E., Waterloo
This event is all ages and sober, low-scent, accessible, and please bring a pair of indoor shoes for the dance floor. Costumes are encouraged!
We cordially invite you to join in on some glittertastic, costume shenanigans to help fundraise for Plan B Co-op. What do we need for donations? Well, besides the classic capitalist currency to help navigate the municipal levels of government while we incorporate Plan B, we are looking for:
– fabrics, blank mugs, blank t-shirts, blank bags, or anything really that we could use to silk screen shirts or paint political propaganda on. #deadmencan’tcatcall
– paints, markers, tapes, printing paper
– pocket change; the heavy shit we let collect in our homes
– gift cards for future fundraiser events
– shelving units, coffee tables, tables, and chairs (though we totally don’t expect to receive these at the Glitter Ball, we can arrange pick ups)
– new and used feminist theory, cultural analysis, poetry, social justice-y, critical race, accessibility justice, indigenous solidarity, environmental justice, anti-capitalist, whatever types of books, anthologies, readers, texts, articles, etc.!
– folks to get involved!
Plan B Co-op KW crew